One of the UK’s leading Microsoft Solutions Partners for over 20 years, accredited to the highest level and a member of Microsoft’s elite Inner Circle for Business Applications, Xpedition are experts in digital transformation. Underpinned by Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power Platform and the Azure Data Platform, we work collaboratively with our customers to deliver long term success through transformative technologies.
Our Values & Culture
Our values are a big part of who we are. They reflect how we work with our customers and each other. We are very proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to Work® and as a UK’s Best Workplace™ for Women, for Wellbeing and for Tech! We are a diverse group of professionals and act as champions for each other. We maintain an open, friendly and collaborative culture that is respectful of everyone’s opinion and our growth mindset defines the way we think and act.
We are looking for a Senior Business Central Technical Consultant to take a key role in Xpedition’s efforts to help continue to build a Dynamics 365 Business Central Practice that sits alongside our Customer Engagement and Data & Insights Practices.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will be working closely with customers and the Xpedition team in defining and delivering the best solution to customer requirements by using latest versions Business Central, other products on the Microsoft cloud and 3rd party applications.
Carrying out research and delivering proofs of concept around latest technology
- Advising customers and the team on aspects of technology surrounding Business Central including deployment, infrastructure & sizing
- Running integration workshops, documenting findings, and proposed solutions, estimating work required
- Writing development specifications and working closely with developers to see work to completion
- Delivering outstanding quality developments when required
- End-to-end testing of previously designed solution
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 years of experience in the role
- Previous partner experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand requirements and translate them into system designs.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Client facing, demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload and time and deliver successfully according to deadlines set.
- Ability to work well under pressure, both as part of the team and on own initiative
- Highly competent in the preparation of business communications & documentation, including specifications, emails, quotations, proposals, and reports.
- Experience with Business Central consultancy and development up to the latest version.
- Excellent knowledge of AL
- Extensions & Event driven development
- Comfortable with working on projects with multiple extensions (our own and 3rd party) with multiple dependencies.
- Document layout development & customisation (RDL & Word)
- Ability to relate screens and procedures in Business Central to underlying solution code (standard and/or customised) and being able to make modifications as required.
- Comfortable with using the following tools:
- Visual Studio Code
- Git source control
- Business Central in Docker Containers
- Azure DevOps
- Boards & Work Items
- Comfortable with the consulting lifestyle, willing to travel to clients, the office, able to work extended hours on occasion and to spend nights away from home (some international travel may be required).
- Candidates will hold a United Kingdom driving licence